Joe Anderson, CFP®, President of Pure Financial Advisors, and Pure’s Executive Vice President and Director of Research, Brian Perry, CFP®, CFA, discuss where the financial markets are now and the challenges ahead of us. Following the presentation Joe and Brian answer attendee questions.
00:00 – Intro
02:47 – Economies Starting to Reopen
04:00 – Initial Jobless Claims Improve Slightly
05:06 – Stocks Have Recovered Somewhat
06:15 – Oil Prices Off Their Lows
07:06 – Challenges Ahead: Shorter Term Impacts
08:05 – The Economy: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
10:24 – Revising the April 2020 Conference Board Economic Forecast
11:58 – Types of Bear Markets: Structural, Cyclical and Event-Driven
14:17 – Challenges Ahead: Longer-Term Impacts
16:47 – US National Debt
19:51 – US Inflation Rate
20:46 – US Tax Rates
22:05 – Coronavirus Related Distributions and Roth Conversions: quick overview of new rules associated with rolling an IRA to a Roth IRA. Is there a case to make this move?
26:01 – Is this a good time to invest in a primary residence or should I remain in my rental?
27:45 – How will COVID-19 impact the November election? If Joe Biden wins, what financial and economic changes can we expect? (Craig)
29:24 – How will the impending insolvency issues with Social Security be impacted by the high national debt?
31:17 – If the Coronavirus surges again in the fall, and if it is worse than this spring, what will be the effect on the market?
34:49 – Has there been much discussion about a value-added tax (VAT) to repay the national debt?
35:37- What does and doesn’t keep you awake at night?
• Investment Advisory and Financial Planning Services are offered through Pure Financial Advisors, Inc. A Registered Investment Advisor.
• Pure Financial Advisors Inc. does not offer tax or legal advice. Consult with a tax advisor or attorney regarding specific situations.
• Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and are not intended as investment advice or to predict future performance.
• Investing involves risk including the potential loss of principal. No investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
• All information is believed to be from reliable sources; however, we make no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.
• Intended for educational purposes only and are not intended as individualized advice or a guarantee that you will achieve a desired result. Before implementing any strategies discussed you should consult your tax and financial advisors.