Market update, commentary and client questions from Tuesday, March 24, 2020 with Joe Anderson, CFP®, President of Pure Financial Advisors, and Pure’s Executive Vice President and Director of Research, Brian Perry, CFP®, CFA.
00:00 – Introduction
01:24 – Pure’s latest actions regarding COVID-19: protecting the health and safety of our employees and clients
03:12 – what’s changed in the market in the past week
05:10 – how financial markets have rewarded discipline, 1970-2017
06:29 – interest rate volatility in the bond market
07:38 – credit spreads widen in the bond market
09:31 – 2020 is not 2008: comparing the differences
13:13 – summary of government response to market downturn: federal response and fiscal response, stimulus package proposals
15:34 – financial planning opportunities
21:08 – investment portfolio planning opportunities
27:45 – contact your advisor if you have any further questions
28:21 – At what point would Pure go to cash if markets crash completely?
30:08 – High yield bond funds are down 15%. Is it too late to sell? Will they come back?
32:20 – What’s the timeframe for doing a Roth conversion?
33:30 – We have a HUGE carry forward. Why should we continue tax-loss harvesting?
35:20 – How long will it take to get us back to where we were before?
36:41 – Is there any impact on portfolios from the Canadian dollar fluctuations?
38:09 – Are there any sector allocation changes you’re contemplating?
39:12 – How often does Pure Financial rebalance portfolios?
40:03 – What do you think of precious metals?
41:20 – Can clients receive notifications when their portfolios are rebalanced?
43:40 – Assuming a pandemic happens again, what will Pure change?
44:45 – Should we refinance our mortgage or just pay more in principal?
45:35 – Our portfolio is 60% equities, should we go higher?
46:26 – Where would you put $250,000 now?
47:00 – Tax-loss harvesting follow up
47:47 – Should I take distributions from my HELOC instead of my portfolio?
49:06 – Wrap up
*Additional questions received during the webinar were answered in the Your Money, Your Wealth® podcast on Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
• Investment Advisory and Financial Planning Services are offered through Pure Financial Advisors, Inc. A Registered Investment Advisor.
• Pure Financial Advisors Inc. does not offer tax or legal advice. Consult with a tax advisor or attorney regarding specific situations.
• Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and are not intended as investment advice or to predict future performance.
• Investing involves risk including the potential loss of principal. No investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
• All information is believed to be from reliable sources; however, we make no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.
• Intended for educational purposes only and are not intended as individualized advice or a guarantee that you will achieve a desired result. Before implementing any strategies discussed you should consult your tax and financial advisors.