In this Q2 2020 quarterly market review and financial markets update, Pure Financial Advisors’ Executive Vice President and Director of Research, Brian Perry, CFP®, CFA®, provides a stock market analysis and looks at overall financial market activity in the second quarter of 2020:
Quarterly Market Summary
Long-Term Market Summary
World Stock Market Performance
Second Quarter 2020 Index Returns:
– World Asset Classes
– US Stocks
– International Developed Stocks
– Emerging Markets Stocks
– Select Market Performance
– Fixed Income
Global Fixed Income – Second Quarter 2020 Yield Curves
15:15 – The Fed met today and kept rates at record lows. What impact do you see that having on markets and the economy?
16:45 – When do you think the fed will raise rates again?
17:25 – Stocks have run up quite a bit lately and the economy is still weak. Should we be worried?
19:15 – what’s up with artificial intelligence?
20:48 – what is your take on investing in 5G technology?
21:10 – The government has run up a huge deficit responding to the coronavirus. How will that get paid back?
Politics Vs. Sound Investment Principles: does it matter whether you invest under a Republican or Democratic White House?
– Election Year Returns
– Markets have rewarded long-term investors under a variety of presidents
S&P 500 Leaders
International Equities Vs. US Equities – Comparing Valuations Around the Globe
Bad News Equals Good Results
COVID-19 Financial Planning Opportunities
42:53 – Will mortgage rates go any lower?
44:04 – Is it safe to assume that tax increases will not take place prior to 2025?
45:23 – I’m 82. Is it OK to keep leaning some of portfolio towards growth funds?
46:30 – What do you think of hedge funds?
47:45 – Is there new risk in investment grade bond funds after government stimulus propping up potentially insolvent companies?
48:39 – Do you think oil will ever return back to triple digits, or will it slowly decline as renewable resources become more prominent?
50:37 – Do you prefer EFTs or mutual funds?
• Investment Advisory and Financial Planning Services are offered through Pure Financial Advisors, Inc. A Registered Investment Advisor.
• Pure Financial Advisors Inc. does not offer tax or legal advice. Consult with a tax advisor or attorney regarding specific situations.
• Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and are not intended as investment advice or to predict future performance.
• Investing involves risk including the potential loss of principal. No investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
• All information is believed to be from reliable sources; however, we make no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.
• Intended for educational purposes only and are not intended as individualized advice or a guarantee that you will achieve a desired result. Before implementing any strategies discussed you should consult your tax and financial advisors.