Newly updated for 2019: College costs are a challenge for parents and students alike. In this video, Senior Financial Planner Brian Sauter, CFP® walks through education savings plans that offer tax incentives and those that don't, along with the rules, pros, and cons of each plan. Fill out the form to view the webcast on-demand.
Attendees Will Learn...
College savings plans with tax incentives:
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA)
- Pre-Paid Tuition Plans
- Savings Bonds
College savings plans with no tax incentives:
- Uniform Gifts to Minors Act (UGMA)
- Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA)
Other potential sources of education funds:
- Traditional IRAs or Roth IRAs
- Standard taxable investment accounts