We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and experienced Sr. Network Engineer to join our team. Primary responsibilities will be to plan, build & manage our network infrastructure on-premise and in the cloud. The ideal candidate will have 7-10+ years of Network Engineer Experience and extensive knowledge of building, planning, and migrating from on-premise to cloud Infrastructure.
Summary of Duties:
As Sr Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the overall design, implementation, and management of technologies related to the network infrastructure, servers, endpoints, and applications, across the entire enterprise on-premise & in the cloud.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, Design, & Optimize All Company Network Infrastructure
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Monitor network usage, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- Manage & Maintain Network Technology Stack on Meraki, VMware & Azure
- Partner with other members of the IT/IS staff, contractors, and vendors to ensure efficient networking technology operations
- Provide project leadership and technical design and oversight of all enterprise equipment and solutions
- Maintain professional currency on technology in use within the corporation and be aware of industry trends, which may benefit or affect the organization
- Provide support and administration of any networking related issues pertaining to security solutions, including related equipment, software, and account management across all locations
- Spearhead efforts to transition to cloud technologies like O365, Egynte, Okta & LastPass
- Ensure that all network solutions are patched and updated to the latest security releases
- Ownership of the VMware & Cloud networking infrastructure
- Support and assist with special projects and company initiatives as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Technical Requirements – The technical requirements described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and may change over time.
- Extensive Experience with Cisco Meraki, VMware Networking & Azure Cloud Network Infrastructure
- Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTPS, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD), and an understanding of how to support these applications/protocols when accessed through VPN and firewall appliances
- Experience with firewalls, routers, switches, wireless technology, cabling standards, and fiber standards. Palo Alto, Cisco, Aruba, HP, and Brocade
- Review existing complex on-prem systems and execute detailed plans to support migration to cloud services
- Provide network documentation, such as Visio Diagrams on Network Environment, Infrastructure and landscape
Build new network Infrastructure in Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (using Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service)
- VMWare Networking, Azure Network Infrastructure
- Security: General Cybersecurity familiarity, including best practices, MFA, Sophos endpoint security, ransomware prevention, service accounts, segmentation, etc.
- Ability to work independently and to work with the IT Director & team
- Ability to react quickly to changes in external regulations and technology advances
- Ability to communicate technical details to non-technical users
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively
- BA or BS degree in CS or Engineering
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE MCSA, MCSE (highly recommended)
- Familiarity with Meraki Tech Stack & Cisco
- Familiarity with L2/3 network switches, VLANs, and firewalls
Candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com.