Our Financial Advisors meet with prospective clients and manage existing client relationships, including reviewing comprehensive financial planning recommendations with clients and provide financial planning advice to clients. We are looking for someone to help provide administrative/planning support to one of our Advisor “Teams”, consisting of a Senior Financial Advisor (SFA) and an Associate Advisor (AA). However, this position may also interact with other Financial Advisors, Advisor teams, or Planning department members.
The position’s primary focus will be to support an Advisor team with the following duties:
- Assist with preparation for client review meetings
- Review tax, insurance, and estate planning documents
- Make minor updates to clients’ financial plans
This is a part-time, internship position (approximately 20 hours/week) through approximately 4/30/23; however, we will re-evaluate our business needs to determine if this position will be extended including the potential for this position to evolve into a full-time position in the near future. There may be some flexibility in the schedule; however, this is an on-site (non-remote) position, working in our headquarters (San Diego, CA).
This position requires a general knowledge of financial planning concepts and strategies; however, this may be also applicable to someone currently pursuing a degree in financial services or pursuing a career in financial planning.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- General knowledge of financial planning concepts and strategies
- Junior-level (or higher) in college or university (ideally someone on track to graduate by summer 2023) in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or similar field preferred
- Available to work in-office
- Ability to effectively and accurately complete detailed work with a sense of urgency
- Prioritization skills and the ability to handle multiple demands
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to learn and obtain a deeper understanding of financial planning and tax planning strategies
Candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com.