We are looking for a hands-on Accountant/Controller to join our fast-growing financial planning firm. This position will be responsible for accounting and reporting functions, including payroll, cash receipts, and disbursements; the coordination of quarterly and annual reporting to investment partners; the completion of annual audits in conjunction with our outside CPA firm. This position will work closely with the executive management team, reporting directly to the CFO but will also work with an outside CPA firm (e.g., to prepare annual tax returns).
- Provide financial information for management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and make disbursements.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepare payroll transactions and reconcile reports.
Accountant/Controller Qualifications / Skills:
- Corporate Finance
- Reporting Research Results
- SFAS Rules
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in tax, accounting, or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in accounting/finance
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Available to work in-office
Candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.